Frankly, I don’t enjoy writing. The process weighs on me…becoming laborious and generally tiresome. Why then would I take on creating a blog?
“Write what should not be forgotten. ” ~ Isabel Allende
And thus you find me here as your guide to a story not of my own creation but that of the many individuals who came before to create and influence me….and perhaps you as well. I can think of nothing more worthy of preservation than family history for it is within that narrative that our traditions, our quirks and abilities, and our lifelong dreams make perfect sense and anchor us to the past…which should not be forgotten.
To my family members, welcome! May you find insight, entertaining histories, and answers to some of your questions.
To my fellow researchers, I hope we can share information and break down brick walls together. After all, if you have found this blog then there is a pretty good chance we are related!
Shall we begin?
My primary PATERNAL SURNAMES…(and general locations):
- RAWLINSON (Dracut, Massachusetts/Chorley, Lancashire, England)
- KING (Pictou, Nova Scotia)
- CHAMBERS (Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia)
- MATTATAL (Tatamagouche and Lunenburg, Nova Scotia/Montbéliard, France)
- MEDLEY (Lowell, Massachusetts/Oldham, Lancashire, England)
- MANLEY (Chorley, Lancashire, England)
My primary MATERNAL SURNAMES…(and general locations)
- SAMSON (Flat Island, Bonavista Bay, Newfoundland)
- DAVIS (Safe Harbour and Pinchard’s Island, Bonavista Bay, Newfoundland/Ringwood, Hampshire, England)
- ATTWOOD (Safe Harbour, Bonavista Bay, Newfoundland)
- RIDEOUT (Cape Freels, Bonavista Bay, Newfoundland/Bradford Abbas, Dorset, England)
- GILL (Pinchard’s Island, Bonavista Bay, Newfoundland)
By all means, the list will expand! Please feel free to ask those burning questions, suggest topics of research, share additional information and pictures, or make notations about potentially incorrect information.
Thanks for following along!
“Hauling Job Sturge’s House” by master printmaker David Blackwood, 1979. (To whom I may be related!)